Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday, June 7 and still around

Yes, another week has flown by. School is out for most people and it is going to be a wonderful summer. Megan is supposed to close on her new house next Friday and is moving in on Saturday. I am so excited to have her and her family so close to us. Maxwell may be able to spend more time at my house! I am very excited about this. I took two days of vacation next week so I can spend some time with him. I am there on Monday and Tuesday. We will enjoy our time together. I will love on him and he will love on me. Life is such a wonderful experience.
I am supposed to find out something at work next week and am hoping for the best. Some things are just going to come out and we have to live with these things. All I know is that my work days are longer now than they were a year ago but I am still there right now. Smile and move forward.
I have a family reunion coming up in a few weeks that I am looking forward to. I always enjoy seeing my family and spending time with them, We have a room for Friday and Saturday night. We plan on getting there pretty early on Friday. We end up doing some "shopping" with several cousins. There are some antique stores there that are great to look through. Matt always hates this time and I know I would have when I was that age.
Also have a school reunion scheduled in August. I am also looking forward to seeing these people too. I really hope most of them don't know about my accident because I would rather not discuss it unless they want to know. If they ask questions about it, I don't mind sharing this information, but hate to be the one to bring it up. I sure don't want to pour this on someone that doesn't know. Many of these people are friends and they realize what me and my family went through. People tried to keep people informed of where I was and how I was doing.
Life is wonderful and I will enjoy my two days with Maxwell. I will try real hard not to spoil him too much but you know how Grandpa's are about these type of things.
Thanks for being one of those people that still checks on me here. I love you all so much. Betty and I went to the hospital last night to see one of Betty's friends whose son was hurt in a motorcycle accident. Seeing what they are going through only reminded me of what Betty had to deal with when I was there. I am always thankful for what God did for me and for us!
Mark 6/7/09

No comments: