Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another week has flown by & I am still here, 6/13/09

Well another week has flown by and here I am to tell you about it. Megan closed on their house yesterday so I had to spend my morning over helping everything get moved. They had boxed it all up and hired a couple of guys to move it all. Matt and I had to move the other things, like freezer, tool boxes and stuff in the garage. I am so glad I can help, but it is still not an easy task. Lifting things still get to me but I think that is why she hired these two guys. Before all of this, I would not let this happen, but now I realize what is best for me. Any way, my Grandson is going to be closer to us and Betty and I are just as happy as possible. Life is a great thing.
Work next week is going to be pretty severe. We have a Turnaround starting on Monday. These 9 or 10 hours days will become 12 hours long for the next two weeks. I can only hope everything we find is something we can deal with. I will be talking with many vendors over this time frame, but most of them enjoy hearing from me. Too many years of talking to them several times a week and getting to know them like I did always is a blessing. I learned many years ago, treat someone as you would want to be treated and the respect and trust you get back is well worth it. I know we all make mistakes from time to time, but deal with it and move on. That is what life is all about!
My family reunion comes up in two weeks and I am looking forward to seeing all of my kinfolks even though they pick on me because I am the youngest of the Grandkids. Now, this is one of those good things and they can make fun of me all they want. I still love them and appreciate them for being there for me and my family when I was down and almost out.
School reunion come up in about two months and I am looking forward to that, too. I have started communicating with several of these people and it brings up some very pleasant memories. Another opportunity for me to tell God how much I appreciate Him for helping me still be here !
My love to you all. Have a nice SAFE summer.
Mark 6/13/09

No comments: