Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday, May 19 and still writing

What an exciting week around here. I went to see my parents on Saturday and spent some time enjoying them. Matt stayed with Tiffaney so they could go see the new Star Trek movie. Both loved it! I did too by NOT HAVING to go... Enjoyed seeing my parents and enjoying the time with them doing little of nothing. We talked and visited about many things. I got to share with them that I have quit smoking. They were very happy for me and hope I can do it for good this time. It has been 2 weeks so far!
Betty, Breanna, Megan and Maxwell are in Florida right now. My niece had a "surprise" birthday party and Betty "surprised" all of them by showing up. She only told our nephew James that she was coming and he did a great job of keeping it quiet. Betty said everyone was surprised and they all got to see Maxwell, too. I know this was a quick trip but you have to take these adventures whenever you can. She made several things for Matt and me to eat off of while they were gone and I don't think we have starved yet so all is great. I think they are leaving tomorrow to come back but with Maxwell with them, we probably won't see them until Thursday. I know the whole group there was happy to see all of them. Life is a wonderful thing and you have to enjoy every minute of it.
While I was at my parents, I got poison ivy AGAIN. It seems like it is waiting for me when I get there. Sad part is I did not know I had it until Monday. Sunday night while I was asleep, my body went on it's on course and spread it around a little bit. That is OK because I can deal with it. God helps me learn a lot about life is some strange ways and I have to deal with it the best I can.
I spoke with a vendor at work today. He saw my family pictures in my office and got on the subject of family. He told me he got married in 1983 and loves seeing people that has one of those pleasant experience with their partner. These kind of things mean a lot to many of us. It is good to talk to someone like this that enjoys their spouse as much as I enjoy mine. We don't always see things eye to eye, but you just have to learn to accept certain things and enjoy life together.
I know I missed the time to see many people I love dearly in Florida and I remember Marlies from when she was about 12 or so and Christine was probably 10. It is amazing to see what wonderful people they have grown in to. I knew I told Betty the first time we were there that when we had kids, I wanted them to be just like these two. I think we did a great job of this because my girls have the same attitude about life and people as these two did. Another wonderful thing about life and family!
I am so glad that God gave me help to still be here and to enjoy every moment that I have here. When I get to talking about my situation, how I was, where I was and what I went through, I can only say Thank You to everyone who prayed for me and helped my family deal with these hard times. On one hand, it seems like this was a lifetime ago and on the other, it seems like yesterday. I am coming up really quickly on my "2 year" anniversary. Do I dread this? Absolutely not. I wish it did not happen, but feeling these pains everyday reminds me just how lucky I am.
I love you all so much and I am glad to be here to tell everyone about life. God has helped me appreciate every day and I thank Him so much for this.
Mark 5/19/09 and starting to warm up around here...

No comments: