Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, May 11 and still here

Another week has gone by and life is great. Most people have come to hate Mondays but it is just another happy day for me. I had someone at work today ask me why I was in such a good mood on a MONDAY. The answer today is the same as every other day. I woke up breathing on my own and VERY happy about it. I had to babysit my Grandson last Thursday while Megan and Matt had to meet their inspector for their new house. He found several items that need to be addressed but that is why the inspector goes over everything. You have two kinds of inspectors like you have two types of painters or doctors or other job holders. Usually, you have one that is very thorough and reasonably priced or you have one that does as little as he can and charges more. Thank goodness they found a good one that cares. This took quite a while to go over things but I did not mind a little more spoil time! They made some recommendations back to the builder and had to wait for a reply. They accepted this request to pay ALL closing costs instead of a limit they suggested at first and they agreed to get another inspector at THEIR cost to re-evaluate these things. If this one finds the same issues, they will address them. They SUGGESTED using one they had used before but Matt said that they could not use theirs because he know what "friends" can do for each other.
The girls were all here yesterday to see their Mom on Mother's Day. Yes, I know, more time with my Grandson. My, how they PUNISH me!!! Just roll me in the briar patch again, anytime... Brea and Tiff really enjoyed their time with him, too. Life is such a wonderful thing and it was great to spend time as a family again. Distance causes some issues with this, but LOVE does bring you back together.
Work is really getting interesting right now. We hear "rumors" about how things will be and how things will "change" for all of us. The rumor we are hearing is that on Thursday, we will find out more about who stays and who doesn't. Yes, it is a rumor, but a decision is supposed to be made by the end of next week, so this Thursday is realistic. Four people in our group have signed up to leave "voluntarily" and the rest are curious how many there will be in the total. They changed our work hours to a nine hour day and work 8 every other Friday. One would think shorter hours would be great, but my "shorter" days are longer most of the time. I start earlier so that everything that needs to be done can get done, and then when it is time to go home, I have to finish several things in progress. These 9 hour days are 10 or more hours long and I still have to be there every other Friday. I think the only ones enjoying these shorter hours are the four that are on the "list". They leave on time because they don't have to worry about being listed as non-productive. The rest of us DO worry about that. Being on certain lists is not a good thing sometimes. All we can do is our best and hope somebody notices it and appreciates it.
I wanted to go see my parents last weekend but they were out of town to go camping. The second week-end of the month is the time for them but that is when Mother's Day was scheduled. I guess Hallmark did not realize when their group goes camping. I am hoping to get there this week-end, but I have not told them this, yet. I have most of the work on the trailer finished up with some small items left. The porch is all finished and looks pretty good. I think Tiff likes it, but she is like me and probably hasn't noticed it all, yet. The back steps need to be made but I can make them here and take them over and put them in place. The trim around the new door is still needed and the metal pieces for the door knob and lock need to be put on.
As you can tell, life is a wonderful thing that we are all here to enjoy. Smile and appreciate each day for the wonderful things it gives us. All we can do is make the most of everything we have and enjoy EVERY SINGLE MINUTE that God gives us. We are still here because He allows us more time. I thank Him for that EVERY day! Smile for me and love yourself because if you don't, how can others?
Mark 5/11/09

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have this Grandpa thing down pat. Glad to hear your and Maxwell are spending so much time together, I imagine it does put a little spring in your step. Tell Betty hello, and I hope she is getting to spend time with Maxwell and your not hogging him :). Praying for you everyday. love and hugs Sallie, Scott, & Noah

Harry and Gayle said...

You sound so much more upbeat these days which is great! We're sure being a Grandpa helps a lot. Say Hi to your folks when you see them.

Love, Harry and Gayle, Oregon