Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday, June 7 and still moving forward

Another week has gone by and I am still here. I had two replies to my last entry and it makes me feel good to know people that I love are still checking on me. One was from Sallie and Scott Keaton. They have always been checking and responding. The second one was from my niece in Florida. She wishes, like I do, the distance between us was not so large. The price of gas makes this trip so hard and airline tickets are outrageous because of fuel prices, too. She wants to come see us and I would love to have here and her family here. This is one of those people that has always been special to me. I think she was about 12 when I first met her. Her and her sister were always so well behaved and polite. I told Betty that when we had kids, this is how I wanted them to be. Seeing kids behave like this was a good thing for me to see and learn from since I was so young at that time.
I ran into a guy at work last week that I have not seen in a while. He was real concerned about how I am feeling and was glad to see my improvements. He followed my progress through this BLOG and was glad that it helped people like him keep up with my progress. He was concerned that I might not ever make it back or ever be able to walk again. He wanted to hear what actually happened in my accident. I don't mind telling the story but try not to talk about it unless someone asks. Not everyone can handle these details and it still gets me to think about it too much. Many people know some of the details, but the facts about it really brings their thoughts together. It always makes me feel good when people are concerned enough to talk to me about it. This guy heard I fell through a sky light, but I did not. The sky light was close to where I fell through at, but the building we were on had a weak spot in the roof. I don't get on roofs any more and heights still bother me, too.
I am still here because God wanted me to be here. I thank him for that all the time. I appreciate everyone's concerns and prayers for me. I don't know how many prayer groups I was in, but the count is not the important thing. The concerns for my health and future is the important part. If I was part of your group prayer, Thank You from the bottom of my heart!
The Bradley reunion is only a three weeks away. I am looking forward to this event. The concerns and prayers from this group was great. There are many of my "family" members that followed my progress in this BLOG, too. I hear from many of them from time to time and I know the prayers were there, too. I look forward to seeing all of them again.
Love to you all.
Mark 6/7/08

No comments: